Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Goodbye, Prizren...Hello, Reno!

As Kosovo keeps edging closer to independence, there's no time like now for a quick trip home. Not that I'm worried about violence or unrest or anything along those lines, but it just seems like as good of a time as any to enjoy a brief respite from Kosovo. Anyway, any time is a good time for some Skeena-loving (I miss the dog tons). I'm flying out from Pristina on Saturday evening and I have to spend the night in London. However, this isn't such a big deal since I'm flying in and out of Gatwick (a lot of stopovers have passengers switching between Heathrow and Gatwick....what a pain!). Gatwick has a capsule hotel in the airport that I'm excited to try out. One of the problems with spending the night between flights is that the time it takes to transfer to and from hotels eats into sleeping time when the layovers are only 12 hours and security is rather time-consuming, or so I hear. I figure that the capsule hotel will allow me two extra hours of sleep. Who can argue with that (especially since the prices are comparable)?

I'm ready for Skeena, carrot juice, and (relatively) clean air.

No comments: