Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hyder

I've decided I'm buying a kayak and moving back to Alaska so I can spend the rest of my days paddling with my friend Kim. She just bought two kayaks, we spent some time out in the Portland Canal and at Meziadin Lake, and I'm hooked. However, before that dream is realized, I'm headed back to Japan so I can finish out my contract, earn cash for the boat, and wrap up my committments. But when I'm finished...I can do anything and go anywhere. I like that.

A few of my photos from Hyder (none of which are of Kim & I kayaking because I didn't want to take my camera out onto the water)...


Totem pole in Kitwanga, BC


Route map of the Cassiar Highway


Hip-high dandylions on the Hyder tide flats

Beneath the clouds lies the Salmon Glacier

The Glacier Inn's newest piece of art

No comments: