Tuesday, May 08, 2007

10 Days

Ten days in Spain. S & I spent time in three cities: Barcelona, Granada, and Madrid. We ate lots of excellent food (and even learned to make some of it in a cooking class); we walked a lot (although we did do a bike tour in Barcelona); and visited several museums (my favorite, the Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid). Rather than write the details of exactly what we did, ate, and saw, I've posted 10 photos that, to me, shows the highlights (although I haven't included any of the Alhambra or the Sagrada Familia). Some of the pictures have comments and some don't. This is due to whether or not I've been able to add them on Blogger (layout hassles I'm not sure how to fix).


Stop One: Barcelona




































Stop Two: Granada

Our first meal in Granada didn't bode too well for the rest of our stay...We think the orange stuff may have been sausage spread, but neither touch nor taste could confirm that.



























Stop Three: Madrid














Our last meal was taken at bocaito. By far, this was the best place we ate. The meal was fairly straight forward. My selection:
salad of beet, radish, and olive oil
prawns in olive oil, garlic, and butter
apple tart with cream


S's choice:
salad of endives and gorgonzola
lamb (or was it veal...) with fries
cream puffs with cream


Simple food, but it was fantastic. The only issue we had was that we were really hungry by 7pm and the restaurant didn't open for dinner until 8:30pm. It was well worth the wait.
All-in-all, I really enjoyed Spain. It was nice to be somewhere with a cafe culture. Where ever we went, there were restaurants with outdoor seating and wonderful food. It's unfortunate that we didn't make it up to Bilbao or San Sebastian, but that just gives me more reason to return!
Apologies if you are seeing funky layout. I've fiddled and fiddled around with it and can't seem to correct the problems I'm seeing with my browser.

No comments: