Friday, March 16, 2012

Almond Cardamom Rolls = Success!

ready to go in the oven

proof of aggressive baking

The rolls turned out quite well. My oven seems to bake a bit aggressively (I definitely need to pay attention to browning on the top and on the bottom), but nothing that can't be worked with.  I think that if I did these in the future, I would add orange zest to the filling. Alternatively, I could also do an orange-flavored frosting of sorts, but I don't particularly like rolls that are too sweet or overly sticky. All-in-all, for a first try, two thumbs up!

Recipe is here.

1 comment:

ani.ema said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that pans with a darker color will bake things a tad faster, so you might try turning the heat down 25 degrees. (It isn't a real dark pan, so it might not make a difference.)