Monday, January 07, 2008

All Roads

I've known for a long time that all roads lead to Reno. Take, for example, a guy I met a few weeks ago: he's this big, burly British fella working here doing something-er-other with maybe the UN or OSCE or some other international organization here in Kosovo. He spends his Christmas holidays in Reno. Another example is that of an Australian woman I knew in Japan. After working with her for nearly a year she says, "Say...you're from Reno, aren't you? I'm about to Skype my brother. You should talk to him. He lives in Reno, too." On a broader level, there are several examples of the weird and semi/infamous doing seedy things in Reno: the guy from the Village People, the son of that Moonie guy, the Judas Priest debacle...but before today I did not know of the DB Cooper connection.

Cooper case reignited by authorities, memories

No comments: