Wednesday, December 21, 2011

10125 Peavine Road


I walked up to the top of Peavine today. We parked at the Kings Row access area and followed random roads up, up, up to the top. Yeah, it's easy enough to drive up to the summit, but I've always wanted to hike it. It took us about six hours and I figure we climbed about 3200 feet (Peavine sits at 8266) and maybe walked 6-or-so miles (update: I was just told that it was closer to 13 miles up-and-back, which just goes to show how terrible I am at estimating distances). According to the sign above, the peak has an address, but when I plugged it into USPS's zip code finder, no zip code for this address could be found.

(Side note: While I was looking up information about Peavine, I found this interesting-to-Kirsten site on arborglyphs, which, if you know me well, you'll know I love seeing Basque-carved aspens.)


And, of course, a few obligatory Skeena, Wild Dog of the Sierra photos...





No comments: