Thursday, December 28, 2006

Says Who? Sezmu.

It's usual for me to think about food. I like to cook. I like to eat. I like to try new things. Tonight my friend S and I are going to try out a new restaurant that has listings on the menu like "beet study," "apple gastrique," and "horchata foam."

A few months ago S sent me an email with the menu of Sezmu asking me what a "goat sando" was. My guess: a sandwich with goat cheese. At the time, reading over the menu, I rolled my eyes and thought that although I enjoy food, this might not be the kind of place I'd want to eat. I like food that is simple, delicious, and has recognizable ingredients. Restaurants should have menus I can understand and not place an extra hurdle between what's in the kitchen and it getting into my tummy. However, S is super excited to try Sezmu out and the place seems reasonably priced (this may be influenced by the cost of eating out in Japan).

I'll take my camera.

No comments: