Friday, August 01, 2008

Mmm-mmm...Pie

Since I've been back in Reno, I haven't been too inspired on the cooking front. Surrounded by gadgetry, pans, pots, & utensils of all kinds, I haven't been able to create a thing. Last night that changed: BBQ'd pork chops with couscous & steamed veggies. Simple. Tasty. Today's creation: blueberry pie.

A friend of mine is having a wedding shower tomorrow, and what better way to celebrate than with a sublime piece of blueberry pie? Sigh. I hope it makes it to the party intact.

I'm starting to get ideas for meals for a 5-night backpacking trip I'm taking in Desolation Wilderness next week (which, really, is not very desolate). Currently in the dehydrator, I have a fantastic bean dip drying out (I blended the heck out of a can of black beans, a can of kidney beans, a can of adobe chiles, and the juice of a half a lemon). I like to eat this for lunch (just add water and a squooze of olive oil and spread on crackers). I just need to nail down the rest of the menu.

No comments: