Sunday, October 28, 2007

After the Rain

It rained and rained and rained this morning. It stopped and cleared nicely around 2:30 so I went out for a walk. This is what I saw:
Plastic bottle trash in the river

Newly arrived KFOR troops from the Czech Republic on a sight-seeing expedition up at the castle (it was quite nice to see them armed with cameras and not guns)


There's a monastery on the little hill with the Sharr Mountains in the background (the monastery is currently occupied by KFOR)


A nice lizard, the first one I've seen here

Two jars of honey I did not buy...I bought a jar more amber in color (I was quite happy to see jars of honey for sale...usually this apairy is closed off by barbed wire and there's no one around. My landlord said that this man makes the best honey...for 7 euros a jar, it had better be good!)


The apiary which produced the honey

No comments: