Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Librarian Friends

Everyone should be on good terms with a librarian or two (and befriending a reference librarian is also highly recommended). I've thrown out all sorts of questions from "Can you please find me this article I remember reading in Jane magazine a few years ago on plastic surgery?" to "If I put a piece of potato in soup that is too salty, will the potato soak up the salt?" to "Can you recommend some American poetry anthologies every library should have?" to "Where can I look up annual precipitation stats for places around the world that range in size from Stewart to Tokyo?" That was yesterday's question. And today I have weather stats for Prizren, which means I can say things like, "Reno gets about 7 inches of precip per year, Tokyo gets around 60 inches, Hyder comes in at about 69, and Prizren will get about 19 inches."

Librarians make me smarter and help me work better.

No comments: