Monday, January 02, 2012

Virginia Street Motels: Reno, Nevada


 The Golden West Motor Lodge, which is fenced off and looks like it might be torn down.



You know what I've always admired on the Heart o'Town Motel? That windowed corner space above the enter sign.


I picked up developed film today! I'm so excited. I've just started going through my rolls, which include pics from DC, Virginia City, and some of Reno motels. Honestly, I'm most excited about the motel shots. I've always wanted to do a series of photographs of the downtown Reno motels. I should have done this years ago when the Oxbow was still standing. Now it looks like both the Golden West Motor Lodge and the Heart o'Town Motel are going to be torn down (I say this only because they're both fenced off, not because I really know anything about these properties). I should buy some more film (I'm shooting 120 on a cheapo plastic camera....Lomography as it should be) and take a walk down 4th Street and snap some shots of those motels as well.

On a side note: I haven't forgotten about posting the recipe & pics of my Christmas Beeramisu, which turned out really nicely I thought. I promise that info is to come as well.

No comments: