Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Unwarranted Super Stink Eye


As I was capturing the footage for this vidpo, I did wonder what the chances were of someone reporting me to security for suspicious behavior but I don't think anyone was paying attention to me. I did, however, notice people giving super stink eye to a guy with a long, black, bushy beard who was wearing a turban-like head covering (he was also sporting jeans and a North Face fleece). He was standing near the women's restroom waiting for his female companion. He might have taken a drink from the water fountain, too. Oh, and maybe he checked something on his iPhone. Passersby stared at him and not in a friendly hey-how-you-doin' sort of way (not everybody paid him attention, but it seemed like more people did than didn't). I'm not sure why his behavior warranted such derisiveness, and I wonder if this is going to be the image that gets called to my mind the next time someone asks me what America is like.

No comments: