Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Beany Goodness

The black bean brownies are interesting. Interesting in a I-need-to-play-with-this-recipe way, and not in a eww-I-can't-believe-I-wasted-my-time-on-this way. I think that 1/4 cup of ground coffee was too much. I also think that the brownies are too buttery. Next time I whip a batch of these puppies up I'm going to substitute apple sauce for at least half of the butter (1:1 ratio) and I'll decrease the amount of coffee by half. The recipe said that I could get 45 brownies out of one batch. I cut 12. Go figure.

1 comment:

Turi Becker said...

Thanks for letting me try these. I agree the coffee was a little much. Now that I've googled around for some recipes for this, I 'm wondering why you left the beans whole. Most of the recipes I saw had them pureed somehow, to disappear into the batter.