Monday, September 10, 2007

Tired

Tired...but I'm in Pristina, Kosovo and I arrived in one piece. Perhaps, more importantly, all of my luggage arrived, too...all 160 lbs of it. I'm not sure what I did right, but United didn't even charge me the $127 they could have for my third piece. But I did have to sit on the tarmack in Reno for 75 minutes. Is that a fair trade?

When I arrived at my hotel, the power was out. I guess there are rolling blackouts right now because one of Kosovo's power plants is down. Luckily, there was hot water. So even though I couldn't see what I was doing, I was able to take a hot bath in my kidney-shaped tub. :) And now that I'm waaay tired and have managed to stay up to a decent hour (9pm), I'm going to bed. (The power is back on...luckily my mom had given me a purse-sized flashlight to take with me!)

I can't believe I'm actually here.

No comments: