Saturday, July 28, 2007

6 Days, 46 Miles, & a Whole Lotta Food

Tonight the next adventure begins: A 46-mile loop that starts out of Pine Creek Pack Station, which is just north of Bishop, CA (not to be confused with the Pine Creek Campground from where we started our hike of Mt. Jefferson in the Toquima range of central Nevada). The plan: Tonight we'll drive down to Lee Vining and camp in one of my favorite spots accessed by a dirt road on the Yosemite side of the Mobile Station at the turn-off for Tioga Pass. Tomorrow we'll head back to the Lee Vining ranger station (and take a peep at the great display of Mono Lake photographs in the back room), pick up our backcountry permit, eat breakfast, and head on down to the trailhead.

At less than 10 miles per day (we absolutely are not fast & light backpackers...we have 2 full grocery bags full of food to fit in our packs!), I should have lots of time to try out my new camera filters I just received yesterday. I also purchased a 70-300 mm telephoto lens, but it won't be going backpacking with me because it's too heavy.

Photos to come.

No comments: