Sunday, May 20, 2007

Trail Building

I've had a pretty awesome weekend. I spent Friday, Saturday, and most of today (Sunday) participating in the Trails and Outdoor Leadership Training put on by the Tahoe Rim Trail where I learned about trail planning, construction, and maintenance. The training culminated with participants in the beginning track (like me) and in the crew leadership track working on a new trail going in off of Joy Lake Road that will hook up to the Tahoe Rim Trail (Brown's Creek Trail, I think it's called). The pics below I took during the day. Working with a group of six other folk, we built about 500 feet of trail. All together, over a mile of trail was done today (there were five teams each working on a section). It was a lot of fun being out constructing trail and I can't wait to do some more!

No comments: