Friday, January 05, 2007

UA 875

My flights back to Japan were mostly uneventful...

About 4 1/2 hours into the Seattle-Tokyo flight I was watching "The Departed" and shifting around uncomfortably in my seat debating whether or not I wanted to put my shoes on and get up and walk around a bit. Just as I decide that I should give my legs a stretch, one of the flight attendants rolls up with the beverage cart. She leans in to ask me what I want to drink and another attendant rushes up from the back, leans across the cart, and says loud enough for me to hear with my earphones on, "We have a security situation in row 23." My stomach drops and I immediately feel adrenaline pumping into my toes. I put my shoes back on and the recipient attendant scurries into business class and brings back the flight purser. Again, the other flight attendant leans across the beverage cart: "There's a toddler from row 23 running around with a lighter that got through security." As the purser squeezed by to handle the situation, I slipped my shoes off again and turned my attention back to my in-flight entertainment.

No comments: