Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hurricane Kirsten

I had no idea there was a Hurricane Kirsten in 1974. Nor was I aware of the fact that Kirsten was even a name used for Hurricanes. I was doing some random searching in Wikipedia when I came across this heretofore unknown information.

Classes are over (finally and thankfully), but I am still busy helping prepare for a university-wide proficiency test that takes place tomorrow and Friday. I'm hoping to be able to start marking students' final projects at the end of next week (not because I don't have them but because I don't yet have time to look at them).

I decided to go to sumo yesterday, which was fabulous. This is the second time I've gone during this basho and it is great fun. I first got in to sumo years ago because it was one of the few bilingually broadcast tv programs. Now I just enjoy it and even though I don't have such a good handle on who all of the Makuuchi wrestlers are (highest division of professional sumo), I have a growing working knowledge of sumo mechanics.

Short but sweet. It's time to go home and relax.

No comments: